Oscar predictions encompassing my first ranked selections for the 96th Academy Awards turns to Best Director. If you didn’t catch my posts on the acting contenders, you can find them at the bottom.
My initial projections for the previous ceremony at the same juncture in 2022 correctly identified Steven Spielberg (The Fabelmans) in the top five and had eventual winners the Daniels (Everything Everywhere All at Once) in sixth. I also had Martin Scorsese (Killers of the Flower Moon) and Yorgos Lanthimos (Poor Things) listed. Their pictures got pushed back and you’ll find them here yet again.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
TODD’S BEST DIRECTOR PREDICTIONS
1. Martin Scorsese, Killers of the Flower Moon
2. Denis Villeneuve, Dune: Part Two
3. Celine Song, Past Lives
4. Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer
5. Blitz Bazawule, The Color Purple
6. Yorgos Lanthimos, Poor Things
7. Emerald Fennell, Saltburn
8. Luca Guadagnino, Challengers
9. Todd Haynes, May December
10. Greta Gerwig, Barbie
11. Steve McQueen, Blitz
12. Ben Affleck, Air
13. Alexander Payne, The Holdovers
14. Bradley Cooper, Maestro
15. David Fincher, The Killer
Best Picture is up next!